Installation and Handling Instructions
Proper installation is essential for the optimum product performance. Wojan recommends installation of this unit is performed by a QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED window/door installers. Installation must be in accordance with the latest approved version of the appropriate AAMA installation documents LISTED BELOW.
- These instructions cover the minimum requirements to ensure effective installation of your Wojan product. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine the suitability of the application prior to installation of this product.
- These installation instructions require an understanding of the FUNDAMENTALS OF CONSTRUCTION which affect the installation of this unit.
- Improper installation of unit will reduce its effectiveness, lead to excessive air, water, and sound leakage, condensation, and deterioration of wall construction.
STORAGE OF UNIT
- Windows are shipped and stored in a vertical position with sill down, unless the “This Side Down” arrow stickers indicate otherwise.
- Store in a clean area, free of construction debris and excessive heat, cold, or outdoor elements.
- Use caution to avoid damage to window/door before, during, and after installation.
Only follow these AAMA and ASTM guidelines for installation of Wojan windows:
- AAMA IPCB-08 SPECIFICATION: AAMA STANDARD PRACTICE FOR THE INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS & DOORS IN A COMMERCIAL BUILDING
- ASTM E2112 SPECIFICATION: ASTM STANDARD PRACTICE FOR INSTALLATION OF EXTERIOR WINDOWS, DOORS, AND SKYLIGHTS
- AAMA 2400-20 SPECIFICATION: AAMA STANDARD PRACTICE FOR THE INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS WITH A MOUNTING FLANGE IN STUD FRAME CONSTRUCTION
- Check proper operation of windows and doors to assure ease of operation, and a proper, quality installation.
SEALING AND INSULATION
- Use of ANY expanded spray foam is NOT RECOMMENDED. If spray foam is used, only use LOW DENSITY foam; DO NOT USE HIGH DENSITY FOAM.
- For nail fin installations, Wojan recommends fully sealing the back side of the nail fin. Place sealant on all sides of the nail fin, including the sill nail fin.
- Plug and seal all unused anchor holes and seal over heads of all anchor screws. Seal all seams, joints in nailing fin, butt joints, all accessory connections, to include all corners of windows during installation. Installer to inspect all window joints and seams to ensure a weather tight seal.
- Weather-barrier sealants must be compatible with anodized aluminum, mill finish aluminum, and all painted aluminum in accordance with AAMA 2604-13, 2604-13, and 2605-13: Specifications/Standards for Organic Coatings on Aluminum Extrusions.
- Weather-barrier sealants must be compatible with a wide variety of construction materials and building components, including brick, stone, metal, wood, composite materials, and foam boards.
- Check with sealant manufacturer for sealant compatibility.
- Wojan will not recognize a field test on our products unless we have been given a 7-day notice to provide for the opportunity for a representative of Wojan to attend the field test.
- Recommend field testing be done only after façade (siding, panels, brick, etc.) and final perimeter sealant has been applied AND properly cured.
- ANY and ALL field testing of Wojan windows and doors should strictly follow AAMA 502-12: Voluntary Specification for Field Testing of Newly Installed Fenestration Products.
- ASTM E1105 is included in AAMA 502-12, and should be followed specifically using section 5.3.2. Be sure to use AAMA 502-12 field pressures when field testing.
- AAMA 502-12: Section 5.3.2; Water penetration resistance tests shall be conducted at a static test pressure equal to 2/3 of the tested and rated laboratory performance test pressure as indicated in the AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440 test report for individual window and door products.
- INSECT SCREENS ARE NOT SECURITY SCREENS OR PROTECTIVE DEVICES.
- INSECT SCREENS DO NOT PREVENT CHILDREN FROM FALLING.